Volkswagen Golf GTE Forum

It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hybrid Modes
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:45 am 

I have owned my GTE since October but it was registered in June as I bought it as a demonstrator. I am puzzled about the hybrid modes. In the handbook it suggest there is something called Hybrid Auto but when I switch from e-mode or GTE mode it goes straight to Hybrid Hold. To access Use Battery Charge or Recharge Battery I need to access the touch screen. Is it possible to set it up to go straight from e-mode to Use Battery Charge hybrid? Is this the same mode as Hybrid Auto? Is there a software update about this? Also, like other owners I am very disappointed by the mpg. Is Hybrid Auto the most economical mode for long journeys? If so, how do I access it?

Post subject: Re: Hybrid Modes
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:14 pm 

Hi
What you are describing here sound like a gen 1 set up.
you should check which type of MIB you have whether Its Gen 1 or 2.
Gen 1
You have to go to the various sub menus to get the hybrid modes. While on Gen 2 this does not exist and has been simplified.
As I understand it in gen 2 vehicles you press the E-mode button next to the auto box on the centre console this then brings up three options or Modes
1 E-Mode
2 Hybrid Mode
3 Hybrid something else maybe battery hold I can't remember

There is no hybrid recharge as this setting is now handled automatically by a setting min charge level in the set up menu.
Gen 2 products are from May2015 production onwards so not uk registration date there is a high probability that you have a older production model especially if it was registered by the dealership.

Best to check, an easy online method is to go to the VW uk site and download a copy of the owners manual these are registration number specific it will download the correct media manual for your car and the GEN2 states GEN2