Volkswagen Golf GTE Forum

It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Greetings all
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:22 am 

Hello forum

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm Tyler, soon to be proud owner of a (bites tongue) VW Golf (but grins insatiably) GTE :D
I'm a petrol head in all sense bar the reliance on petrol! I've got the components of an EV in my garage and a Porsche 550 shell that I have ambitions to unite some day (as all projects go, work gets in the way but it must pay the bills) and am also fairly chatty on the DIYElectricCar.com forum.
I'm an Engineering Consultant in the Aerospace sector currently and spend a lot of time on the road, up to 30 000 miles per annum...
I'm a South African (so please excuse my demeanour and brash nature) living in the UK, been here ~12 years, married with a daughter and 3 pups and made my life here now so feel part of the family. Also, some numpty in the home office gave me a British Passport so there's no getting rid of me either, just when there was hope :shock:
In my limited spare time I enjoy the outdoors, walking with the family and mutts, visiting old ruins, castles and stately grounds and travelling round some of the more remote countryside of this wonderful island.

I look forward to meeting/chatting with the lovely folk of this forum and sharing our exploits in these lovely motor vehicles.

Cheers