Volkswagen Golf GTE Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GTE Ordered
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:46 pm 

New GTE ordered on Saturday from JCT600 in Sheffield, Carbon Grey with discover pro nav, winter pack, heated windscreen, The car will be my wife's commute car, she does about 25 miles each way and has a charge point at work so hopfully the given battery range will be adequate. Wasn't able to test drive the GTE but did drive the e-Golf and she loved that so fingers crossed ;)

Post subject: Re: GTE Ordered
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:45 am 

Congratulations! Any idea when you can expect to get the GTE?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:32 pm 

JCT are saying late May for delivery, but got a phone call from them today saying that the heated windscreen we added was not available as an option on the GTE, I guess the wife is going to have to defrost the old fashioned way :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:06 pm 

Jammer wrote:
JCT are saying late May for delivery, but got a phone call from them today saying that the heated windscreen we added was not available as an option on the GTE, I guess the wife is going to have to defrost the old fashioned way :lol:

Inform with your dealer, but I think you can precondition your car before departure (as long as the car is plugged), on the A3 e-tron it's standard anyway. By doing so, you precondition your battery pack (cooling in summer or warming-up in winter), and also heat the cabin before a programmed departure time. No reason to defrost
Without this preconditioning, your pure electric range is severely reduced. And with the preconditioning, you don't need to defrost ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:17 pm 

Hello fellow GTE order!!

I've placed an order for one today - Pure White, Pro Nav and High Beam Assist - that's it.

I would have had the winter pack but I couldn't see a way of ordering it without buying either leather or xenons, neither of which I want - how did you do it?!

Can't wait, should be a great car. Had an e-tron for the weekend and it was fab.

What is the wait like? I haven't got an estimated build week or anything yet.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:50 pm 

New owner here too, no build date yet.

Pure white
Rear view camera
Keyless entry
Park Assist

Disappointing that the UK didn't get the 1.7k Pro Nav as standard as the e golf does. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:57 am 

Yes I couldn't agree more on the nav... having to pay extra for it is a pain, but weirdly it actually brought my lease cost down!!

I guess the resale must be higher with it?

Are you in the UK too?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:32 pm 

Yeah UK based. We have amended our order now to include the Pro nav. :D
VW really should have included a middle tier nav option in my opinion as they do for the GTD. Had a phone call from VW UK today as I had queried why they had decided not to include the Pro nav as was initially stated when the car was first announced, and it seems they have been getting a lot of complaints from potential customers by the decision to drop it from the standard spec.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:49 am 

SuperM wrote:
Jammer wrote:

[...] And with the preconditioning, you don't need to defrost ;-)

I think that was his joke maybe? That with the GTE his wife wouldn't need to defrost, so until they get it, she'll have to scrape the old fashioned way!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:49 am 

itguy, I've been told the wait time is around 14 weeks currently