Volkswagen Golf GTE Forum

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DCC Option
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:01 am 

Be aware if considering this option:

This was an option that I ordered and thought the car had been incorrectly supplied as it had no MODE button or any other means to change from Normal/Comfort/Sport all as described. There has subsequently been a dealer bulletin noting that it only reverts to SPORT when in GTE mode and at all other times is in NORMAL. So no Comfort mode and no driver choice!

The website has now just been revised to note the GTE difference: Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) - Variable suspension setting, choice of either Sport, Comfort and Normal (Comfort and Sport only on GTE). - Interesting that they state COMFORT whereas the Technical Bulletin states Convenience/Normal?

Post subject: Re: DCC Option
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:56 pm 

Thanks Kirky, havent ordered DCC, but does anyone know if its comfort or normal???

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:46 am 

I suspect that the technical bulletin is most likely correct as Normal & Sport. The fact that the website correction is still wrong just underlines some weak links in their translation/marketing team!

Paying £850 for only 2/3rds of the modes and without the driver selection button makes it an option worth declining. Annoyingly I made the choice without the correct information.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:51 am 

I also ordered the DCC and searched for a way to change the mode but couldn't find it. It seems an expensive option for what it does.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:19 pm 

Paul wrote:
I also ordered the DCC and searched for a way to change the mode but couldn't find it. It seems an expensive option for what it does.

Assuming you're on a long delivery date you could consider cancelling the DCC as it is not what was previously described at time of order? VW know they have a problem with it.