Volkswagen Golf GTE Forum

It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Battery Hold" vs "Hybrid Auto"
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:10 pm 

During the ride, as soon as battery level reaches 0 km, and the battery is empty, the car switches to "Battery Hold" mode automatically. I have noticed by the way that after been recharged for 2 or 3 km, the battery power is used to support the combustion engine.

Is this happening on my car only or is someone else experiencing the same behavior? Cause I am wondering then what is the real difference between "battery hold" and "hybrid auto" mode.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: "Battery Hold" vs "Hybrid Auto"
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:44 am 

I see the same.
And those KM are not gained by braking actions, it's actualy charging while driving...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:32 pm 

I think the car goes into charge mode once the mileage in electric is down to 0. I don't think there's a drive setting that means you only run on the petrol engine. Battery hold still uses electric but a very small amount to get the car moving, hybrid uses electric for a bit longer before switching to petrol. I've not used the charge option as it never seemed a great idea I don't go into zero emission zones. The easiest option is not to let the electric get to zero.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:56 am 

Another problem here.
I've been fooling around for a couple of weeks now.
Local traffic I do on e-mode highway on battery hold.

There it is on about 30km but it still does charge...
Increasing the consumption.
I mean on 100km and hour it does 12km per liter.
Sometimes if it finally somehow does NOT charge it does 20km per liter.

How strange is that?
Battery hold and still charging...
Not for a bit but the whole journy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:26 pm 

Hi
I have replied to this in other technical discussions which I have pasted below. You need to adjust the min charge to an acceptable level for you. If you say no charge or min it probably will only charge a couple of miles/Km. However if it is set to say 50 % the clearly it will use the petrol engine to charge to 15 Miles / 25 Km

Although I am a newbie I am almost certain that there is a minimum charge level that you select in the setup menu. This is the driven minimum charge level. It is set as a percentage and say you have run the hi-voltage batteries below the minimum that you have set then when you have the petrol engine running (Hybrid Mode or GTE Mode) it will want to charge the battery to the minimum you have set. That said if you run on E-mode then it will stay on E-mode until you have depleted the battery then the petrol engine kicks in and when possible it will try to recharge back to your pre set minimum charge level. That is applicable to the MIB2 only (may production 2015 onwards) MIB 1 has different E mode Management.