Volkswagen Golf GTE Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sat Nav speed limit detection
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:23 am 

There does not appear to be 'Speed Camera' detection built into the sat nav. (at least I can't find it in the manual)
On all my previous satnavs, this has been included.
The sat nav pro option is hugely expensive compared to, say, my Tom Tom Go, (or anything else).
I would like to see this available and I am sure there are others who would feel the same, but does anybody know why this is missing?
Has anybody had trouble getting the 'road sign detection' working, mine has never worked so it looks like a visit to the dealer is in order.
Also, I would like to see a dash-cam incorporated into the windscreen housing behind the rear view mirror. I have installed a camera of my own but this means that I have to have a trailing lead across to the 12v socket behind the auto stick selector.
Dash cams are useless until you have a speed merchant run into your car. Then they are priceless when it comes to proving who the guilty party is.
It follows that I would like to see a couple of 12v sockets included in the little storage compartment next to the rearview mirror.
Other than that, despite the 20 mile battery range, the car is starting to grow on me.