Volkswagen Golf GTE Forum

It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New GTE owner
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:07 am 

Hi all

My new GTE should hopefully arrive at the dealer this week, my spec is as follows

Metallic Black
Black Leather
Pro Sat Nav
Xenons
Pan Roof
Reversing Camera
Lane departure warning (must be included with xenons)
Keyless start

Can't wait to see the car, will share some pics when it arrives

Post subject: Re: New GTE owner
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:43 pm 

You've done well to get that date and should be one of the first on the roads in the UK.

Mine was in transit from factory to port last time I checked but I understand there is a massive backlog of cars waiting to be brought over. Apparently it can take 6 wks from factory to dealer which is pretty shocking from such a dominant manufacturer in the market. Not made a good first impression on me and I will have to use a hire car if it's not available by 6th June (I see little hope!).

Anyway, I am really looking forward to getting the new GTE and hope I'm not disappointed after my superb Volvo V60 R Design; 100% reliable and runs like new after over 100K miles. My spec is:

Carbon Grey, Sun roof, DCC, Disco Pro, high beam assist.

I decided to go with the LED rather than HID and hope that was the right choice.

Look forward to hearing your early report.

Post subject: Re: New GTE owner
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:29 am 

I'm just in the process of ordering my GTE now through the NHS lease scheme. It looks like it will be November before it arrives. VW have just released new lease figures for the Nav-equipped version, which has made it a lot more affordable. At a rough estimate it's going to save me £150 per month compared to my current Merceces B Class.

The spec I'm going for is Carbon Grey with Discover Pro and reversing camera. The latter simply because I've got used to it on my last two cars.

Can't wait to get it.