Volkswagen Golf GTE Forum

It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GTE cannot be registered at the dealership?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:07 pm 

After a long old wait, my GTE has finally arrived at the dealership. Now this is a company car and my leasing company have told me that the car cannot be registered as normal at the dealership as its a hybrid and that the dealership have to register it with the DVLA directly.

Ok I said, how long does this take? The reply was amusing, "this is the first hybrid they have had to register and they do not know how long the process could take, but they'll keep us informed!"

Dealership is TL Darby in Burton on Trent.

Question - anyone experienced this or have any idea on timescale, or why these cars can't be registered at the dealership?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: GTE cannot be registered at the dealership?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:23 pm 

I think I might be in a similar situation.

I've got a lease GTE due and its currently being held up with the dealer blaming 'OLEV' and teething problems with their database.

This turns out to be the Office for Low Emission Vehicles who I assume are responsible for handing over the £5k grant to the leasing company.

It might be that you have the same issue and its this extra hurdle that's slowing everything down.

Either way, I'm meant to be getting the GTE next Friday (all stock with the Discoverer sat nav option) but at the moment I'm not holding my breath.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:44 am 

Thanks Jon, I'm thinking along the same lines to be honest.

It's frustrating to say the least. Fingers crossed you get the car next week!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:43 pm 

I've just picked mine up today, it was delayed about 7 days because of the delay with registering the car with the OLEV portal, they can't invoice until it's done. Should only take a few days! It's worth it, brilliant car.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:28 pm 

Brilliant to hear that someone has actually got their hands on a GTE...!

Thanks for letting us know that there is light at the end of the tunnel - I hope you enjoy the car.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:44 am 

Nice one Hunty!

Thanks for the update, hopefully only a couple of days to go! Can't wait! Like a big kid at the moment! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:09 pm 

I nearly had an unexpected delay myself as the grant portal was done in early June. After chasing things along it was sorted and delivered to me back on the 5th.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with the economy and tank range. Only about 360-380 mile range without charging at the moment.

I am the first GTE on www.fuelly.com but it takes some finding as it's just under Golf since they didn't list the GTE.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:42 pm 

It looks like I might have passed the OLEV hurdle - at least that's how its looking from the lease companies website.

Now I just need to chivvy along the delivery... hopefully I'll be able to collect it, its only 96 miles each way :?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:44 am 

Pretty quick going after the OLEV people had finally fulled their finger out - and they wonder why the government can't run anything efficiently!?!

The GTE is currently sitting on my drive charging merrily - I got 50mpg (petrol) and 16.4 somethings that sounded electrical (MWh?) on the way home.

If it gets about 50 on the first run, it should relax to 60ish I'd hope, which is good enough for me.

Anyway, I'm a very happy bunny at the moment.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:07 pm 

Enjoy it, I've had mine 5 days, it's an excellent piece of kit, I've had BMW's, Porsches and Audis and it's just as good if not better.