Volkswagen Golf GTE Forum

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Model 3
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:37 am 

So who here has bought a GTE and has a Model 3 on order? I'm expecting delivery some time in 2019 but 2020 is fine too.

For me the GTE is a (very lovely, cheap) stop-gap to full electric motivation. I nearly bought a Model S but it was just a little too much for the Missus to sanction, despite the man-maths showing a clear advantage over my current transport.

Still, the monthly on the GTE is so laughably low I'm going to save a fortune! Probably enough to pay for the 3 outright. (More man-maths at work :D )

Post subject: Model 3
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:35 pm 

Anybody can advise the common problem of Audi A4 the TSI model ? perhaps to buy one used unit for long distance .

Post subject: Re: Model 3
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:06 pm 

@white67 : I have just taken delivery of a leased GTE Mk7.5 Advance - and too have a Model 3 reserved 31st March 2016 arriving Q1 2019.

I will share my Man-Maths 8-) on this forum when I have some more time in Oct but I have to admit a bit disappointed with the overall cost / electric savings for GTE. Its currently averaging 15-20miles per full charge E-Mode and my calcs on electricity usage are looking like 4p a mile to run pure electric.

Hence with the slight increased cost (over a GTD which it replaced) and the electric savings I think overall its going to cost me more - although I dont care - I love it!